Thursday, April 24, 2014

Bad bus poetry (volume 1).

















Composed on the bus ride to and from work today.

Beached behemoth
Rolls upstream
Fat on a breakfast of sleepy seers
Who now see all
The dog walkers
The cell phone talkers
The late o'clockers--you
Lumbering leviathan
Threading through
Scattered schools of frenzied fish
Whizzy dizzy bitty fish
You could have them for lunch
Baleen-straining beautiful bipedopods
And spitting out the shells
But you are not that sort, you
Gentle giant
Bider of time
Wender, winder
Steady (sea) tortoise in the harried hares
Spit me out at Nineveh, you
Wheeled whale
I will say what I saw.



(Perhaps its title should be "A-littered with Alliteration.")

2 comments:

  1. Awesome. Yes. See what that time provides?

    ReplyDelete
  2. All while I'm supposed to be reading. It might take a few weeks for the bus riding novelty to wear off so I can focus on a book. :)

    ReplyDelete